Certificate III in Financial Services
NATIONAL CODE: FNS30115 CRICOS CODE: 095101J
Duration: 55 Weeks
FEES- Tuition: $8,500 Materials: $500 Application: $250
This qualification, as described in the Financial Services Training Package is designed to reflect the job role of entry level employees working across the entire financial services industry who perform duties relating to administrative, clerical and customer service roles in banking, credit management, insurance and retail financial services. Individuals at this level apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy and judgement and to take limited responsibility in known situations under general supervision.
Course Entry Requirements
This qualification is available to international applicants who are:
- 18 years of age and older, and
- Have achieved a satisfactory result for the Australian equivalent of Year 12 or higher and
- Demonstrate evidence of English language competency at IELTS 5.5 or Equivalent or above (exemptions listed following Course Structure)
Individuals may enter FNS30115 Certificate III in Financial Services with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification.
After achieving FNS30115 Certificate III in Financial Services, individuals could progress to FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting.
There is scope for individuals that complete this course to gain skills that are aligned with jobs such as:
- Accounts Administration
- Clerical and Customer service roles
- Credit Management
- Insurance and Retail Financial Services
This course is delivered as face to face training in the following locations:
Classrooms and computer lab located at our Thornbury campus.
To attain a Certificate III in Financial Services, 13 units must be achieved:
- 4 core units, plus
- 9 elective units
A maximum of 3 electives may be selected from units aligned to Certificate III and IV qualifications in the FNS 2.1 Financial Services Training Package or another endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
By selecting the identified elective units*, Australian College of Trade has ensured that the course meets Tier 2 Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) accreditation requirements for providing limited financial products advice. Conditions relating to this should be obtained from ASIC.
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
BSBWOR204 Use business technology
FNSINC301 Work effectively in the financial services industry
FNSASIC301 Establish client relationship and analyse needs
FNSASIC302 Develop, present and negotiate client solutions
FNSACM302 Prepare, match and process receipts
BSBRKG304 Maintain business records
FNSACC303 Perform financial calculations
FNSRTS305 Process customer accounts
FNSRTS306 Process customer transactions
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FNSRTS309 Maintain main Bank account
*International Students, please note:
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English Test score:
- you are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
in the two years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.
Make a Course Enquiry
Need help with other course