Certificate III in Security Operations
NATIONAL CODE: CPP30411 CRICOS CODE: 095102G
Course Duration: 5 Weeks
FEES- Tuition: $1,200
As described in the CPP07 Property Services Training package, this course will equip graduates with the skills and knowledge to be a security supervisor who may have the responsibility of managing a work team and this course will deliver competencies in line with this role. Although this course itself does not meet any security licensing category requirements, In Victoria a range of Security Licence Categories exist with each having set units of competency that must be completed as found at www.police.vic.gov.au.
Course Entry Requirements
Individuals seeking enrolment into this course have an appropriate level of written and spoken English suitable for employment within the private security industry. These skills are assessed by way of a Pre-Training Review during the enrolment process. The Pre-Training Review complies with the appropriate levels of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in accordance with the CPP07 Training Package requirements. The framework stipulates appropriate LLN levels for:
- Oral Communication
This qualification is available to international applicants who are:
- 18 years of age and older, and
- Have achieved a satisfactory result for the Australian equivalent of Year 12 or higher and
- Demonstrate evidence of English language competency at IELTS 5.5 or Equivalent or above (exemptions listed following Course Structure)
Individuals may gain direct entry to this course at Australian College of Trade with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification.
However, Certificate II (CPP20212) is the minimum level for a security worker to be operational or “on the job” as required by Victoria Police, Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD).
Students are told that although there is no age limitation on completing this course yet they will be unable to apply for a security licence in Victoria until they reach 18 years of age.
After completing the units delivered within this CPP30411 course it is also possible for individuals to complete additional units at an approved training provider to meet licensing requirements for Armed Guard (AG) and Cash in Transit (CIT).
After achieving CPP30411, individuals could progress to CPP40707 certificate IV in Security and Risk Management
There is scope for individuals that complete this course to apply to Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) for a Private Security Individual Licence for the categories of:
Crowd Controller and Security Guard (Unarmed Guard).
This specific course provides individuals with knowledge and skills to work within the areas of Unarmed Guarding and/or Crowd Controlling as specified and licensed by Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD). In addition to this, depending on the units completed students may be able to apply for the security licence categories of:
- Armed Guard
- Cash in Transit
- Combined Armed Guard & Cash in Transit
- Unarmed Guard
- Crowd Control
- Combined Crowd Control & Unarmed GuardCourse Structure
This course is delivered as face to face training in the following locations:
Classrooms located at our Thornbury campus.
- 8 core units plus
- 6 elective units
BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships (AG) (CIT)
BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment (AG) (CIT)
Elective Elective units
CPPSEC3009A Prepare and present evidence in court (AG)
CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3017A Plan and conduct evacuation of premises (AG)
HLTFA311A Apply first aid (AG) (CIT)
CPPSEC3004A Lead small teams in the security industry*
CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive tactics
* Not required for licensing purposes but required as electives to meet CPP30411 qualification.
AG=Armed Guard CIT=Cash in Transit
*International Students, please note:
- If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English Test score:
you are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.
Make a Course Enquiry
Need help with other course