BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
NATIONAL CODE: BSB50420 CRICOS CODE: 104214K
Course Duration: 56 Weeks
This qualification, as described in Business Services Training Package focuses on the skills and knowledge required for an individual in their role applying practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
In addition, individuals at this level display initiative and judgment in planning, Organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of Others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
No Licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Location: 859 High Street, Thornbury, 3071 (location is subject to change at the time of enrolment)
Duration: 56 weeks including holidays
Tuition weeks: 44 weeks
Delivery and Assessment mode: Face to face, combination of theory, practical and/or project assessments
- Completion of year 11 or equivalent (subject to the assessment and approval of Australian College of Trade Admission team)
- English requirements IELTS 5.5 or equivalent or TOEFL PB 506, IBT 62, PTE Academic 46, CAE & CPE (from 2015) 152
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above
- Successful completion of the Pre-Training Review (PTR)
- LLN Level 4
Work based Training / Workplacement: NIL
Possible Pathways for further study:
Advanced Diploma courses in the Business Services training package
Possible Occupational Outcomes:
*Tuition fees and other course related fees are not subject to change once a student has enrolled.
All equipment & resources are at student’s expense
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
BSBHRM523 Co-ordinate the Learning and Development of Teams and Individuals
BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
BSBHRM522 Manage employee and industrial relations
*International Students, please note:
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English Test score:
- you are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
in the two years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.