Certificate IV in Accounting
NATIONAL CODE: FNS40615 CRICOS CODE: 095099J
Duration: 47 Weeks
FEES- Tuition: $ 8,000 Materials: $500 Application: $250
This qualification, as described in the Financial Services Training Package, reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Course Entry Requirements
This qualification is available to international applicants who are:
- 18 years of age and older, and
- Have achieved a satisfactory result for the Australian equivalent of Year 12 or higher and
- Demonstrate evidence of English language competency at IELTS 5.5 or Equivalent or above (exemptions listed following Course Structure)
Individuals may enter FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting with limited vocational experience and without a lower level qualification but preferably after completing FNS30115 Certificate III in Financial Services.
After achieving FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting, individuals could progress to FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
This course is delivered as face to face training in the following locations:
Classrooms and computer lab located at our Thornbury campus.
To attain a FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting, 13 units must be achieved:
- 10 core units, plus
- 3 elective units
One elective must be selected from units in the FNS 2.1 Financial Services Training Package. Up to 2 may be from Certificate III, IV or Diploma in any currently endorsed training package or accredited course. The elective units chosen must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs. Units marked ‘*’ are required for Tier 2 ASIC accreditation. The elective unit FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system* must be selected if seeking BAS agent registration and external recognition in line with the Financial Services Reform (FSR) compliance. See FNSVR2.1 Financial Services Implementation Guide.
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system*
FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and exact interim reports
FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks**
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
FNSACC302 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC402 Prepare operational budgets
FNSASIC301 Establish client relationship and analyse needs*
FNSASIC302 Develop, present and negotiate client solutions*
FNSACC401 Process business tax requirements
*International Students, please note:
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English Test score:
- you are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.
Make a Course Enquiry
Need help with other course